What is PROFESSIONAL chimney sweeping?
Chimney sweeping methods vary from appliance to appliance, fireplace to fireplace. Professional chimney sweeping is best performed by a Chimney Safety Institute of America Certified Chimney Sweep. Certified sweeps have had a level of education that equips the individual to the proper tools, methods and safety concerns.
Important Information about chimney sweeping:
* Chimney sweeping does not create a mess in your home
* Chimney sweeping can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours
determined by the level of soot or creosote and type of appliance
* The NFPA 211 requires a Level I inspection during the course
of chimney sweeping.
* Ryan and Son chooses to perform an internal close circuit
video inspection of all flues we sweep; for our protection and yours
* Use of the proper tools is critical to not causing damage to a
* Oil and Gas heating flues should be inspected annually and swept
* Roof access is not always necessary to perform chimney sweeping
* Ryan and Son employs 3 CSIA certified chimney sweeps
* With our service, a CSIA Certified Sweep is present on every appt.
What should you be weary of as a consumer:
Solicitation calls for sweeps.
Scare tactics once a company is out for service
Request or pressure for cash
Companies who say they can perform work the same day --especially of the total is over $500
Contact NJ consumer affairs with any concern